Rambling Page

A page to ramble on & on ....

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Are we patriotic?

Every time August is approaching I always wonder and ask myself this question. Simple act I use to guage is the hanging up of our state flag at our homes. I remember a few years back I was in a remote village near Bintan, where my maid stayed. It was the middle of August when Indonesian national day was celebrated. ALL the kampung houses there had the Indonesian flags hung in front of them. But here, it's not the case. Many didn't show their patriotism in this simple way - although I know some may argue that there are other ways one can show this. While some even hang old, faded flags and it only cost $2.50 to get a new one.

5 Comments:

Blogger PaT said...

Hey there.


Welcome to the club,
in other words....

The Cooler Side.

;)

11:55 am  
Anonymous La Idler said...

Not that I don't want to hang. Just that the flag keeps flipping over the railings because of the wind and also because my neighbour has this very bad habit of hanging with rugs, etc near my flag. So disrespectful right?! I think we if we were allowed to display the flags in other ways other than the prescribed hooks we're already given, more people would hang out flags, etc.

11:53 am  
Blogger sarahharolds9633 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

5:16 am  
Blogger tandyfrie22612541 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

2:10 pm  
Blogger johngonzo2190140931 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home